06 January 2009

I'm going to South Africa!

It's finally here, I've got less than one month before I am in South Africa! I accepted my invitation in October 2008 to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer in the HIV/AIDS Community Development program. The group I'm going with will train for three months north of Pretoria (capital of South Africa) and then live at separate sites for two years working within the community.

Before our group departs to South Africa, we will all meet at a U.S. city to do final paperwork and immunizations. I just found out yesterday that I'll be flying to Philadelphia on Feb. 2! This is the last big step for me in the Peace Corps process and I'm so excited!

I'm hoping to post pictures, community info, language lessons, etc. for my friends and family to enjoy South Africa as much as I'm hoping to!

Much love and peace!

Casey : )

No comments: